Father's Day Chats with Dean (Deano) Gladstone
Best known for being one of the stars of popular show Bondi Rescue, Deano (Dean Gladstone) main role in life is as father to two beautiful children, Lucy and Gus.
With Father's Day around the corner, we connected with Deano to discuss all things fatherhood.
1. What was the first thought that ran through your head when you became a father for the first time?
Its a game changer for sure… I think my first thoughts were some new sense of love and devotion
2. What do you think it means to be a father?
Parents have so many roles. I often tell my kids that my goal is for them to be good people, and sometimes that will involve me telling them things they might not like but it comes from a place of love.
3. What are the lessons or values that you most want your children to learn from you?
Kindness, work ethic and fun
4. What is something you learned from your own father that you’ll forever remember?
My dad had a love for the ocean which he instilled in us and its something that I offer my kids.
5. COVID has been a fairly stressful time for families – adjusting to lockdowns and disruption to our everyday lives. How have you found the best way to get through this with your family?
Covid was really interesting, it forced more family time and I believe my kids are closer then ever. They are best friends and it makes me so happy.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a father?
Watching my kids grow and learn is so beautiful and being able to help and share stuff with them is so much fun.
7. How would you like to hear your children to describe you?
That’s a great question… sometimes with my discipline and guidance around diet is tough. For them to understand why I dont let them take lolly bags home after parties or eat too much sugar. So I hope in the future they will understand that the easy option isn’t always the best one.
8. What are you most looking forward to for the remainder of this year?
Summer!!!! And international holidays (hopefully next year).