Vibrant colours. The scent of new flowers. Bright, sunny days. That can mean only one thing – spring is here! Spring is one of the best seasons in Australia for getting fresh air and exercise - all the benefits and none of the serious heat. Jump into spring with these 12 activities!
- Take A Nature Walk – Walking through all the beautiful blossoms and colours is a great way to get outside. Don’t forget to pack a bag with all the necessitates – Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, water and snacks!
- Chalk Drawing – It’s not just for summer! Grab some chalk and let your imagination soar. Use your driveway, sidewalk or even the trampoline mat for your personal canvas.
- Strawberry Picking – Head down to a local strawberry farm for some strawberry picking fun! And follow it up with a strawberry jam cooking party!
- Plant Something And Watch It Grow - Ok we know that doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, but it is! Spring is the season for planting all those delicious summer vegetables and herbs.
- Beach Cricket – A classic Australian game. Beaches are still a little quieter in spring, so enjoy spreading out and making the most of the space to hit those 6s!
- Jumping On A Springfree – Yes! Those bright, sunny days are begging for outside time so head out for a jump.
- Create An Spring Mask – Go hunting for foliage outside then pull out the art box and turn them into a beautiful mask.
- Build a Mini-Golf Course – All you need are some simple household items like cups, toys and cereal boxes. This is a perfect for the odd spring rainy day to keep the kids entertained.
- Hunt for Buried Treasure – ‘X’ marks the spot! Bury a prize (lollies or toy), create a map of your backyard and watch the fun.
- Bike Ride – Spring is the perfect time to go for a family bike ride. It’s not too hot and the clear air and spring flowers will brighten things up!
- Go Fishing! - Fishing as a family is so much fun. The fish are active, the scenery is beautiful and you don’t have to worry (too much) about sunburns.
- Movie Nights - This is a hit for all ages and if you host a movie night, you can bet most of the kids in the neighbourhood will join the festivities. All you need is a sheet, projector, computer and a movie – it’s easy!
Spring is the perfect time to go outside and be active. What are your favourite spring activities?
Other Articles You May Enjoy