Springfree Trampoline Disassembly: How to + Expert Tips
Discover the exact steps to a smooth Springfree Trampoline disassembly process in our expert-written blog. See safety tips and get answers to FAQ's!
Springfree Trampolines are uniquely designed to be the safest, highest-quality Trampolines you can buy. But their springless design can make disassembling a Springfree Trampoline complicated for some.
We will use this article to give you detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to disassemble a Springfree Trampoline. These steps will make for a smooth disassembly process!
We will also give you tips on the Springfree Trampoline disassembly process and answer some frequently asked questions.
Need professional Springfree Trampoline disassembly service? Call us at 1800 586 772 for a free estimate on our relocation services!
Preparing for Springfree Trampoline Disassembly
Before you can disassemble a Springfree Trampoline, here’s what you will need:
- Two people.
- Tools required: Wrench and Allen Wrench.
The most difficult part for most people when disassembling a Springfree is removing the mat rods (pictured below):
*Pay close attention to Step 4, as it will detail exactly how to remove the mat rods safely!
Step-By-Step Springfree Disassembly Guide
Now, we’re going to give you step-by-step instructions on how to disassemble a Springfree Trampoline. These steps are straight from the disassembly instructions contained in the BILT App for our Springfree Large Square Trampoline.
The BILT APP, which provides free 3D instructions, only has disassembly instructions for the Large Square Trampoline. However, disassembly is consistent across all models, so you can use the Large Square Trampoline even if you don’t have that model.
The App also contains Springfree Trampoline assembly instructions for almost all our models, so make sure to use it if you’re reassembling your Trampoline!
Here are the steps for Springfree Trampoline disassembly:
Step #1: Remove C-Clips located on the net rod sockets. Then remove the net rods from the net rod sockets (position yourself on the side of the rod while doing this).
Follow the same steps to remove all the net rods and lower the net. Note: Hold on to the rod firmly so it doesn’t snap back!
Pro Tip: Never try to remove the top of the enclosure first – this can be very dangerous.
Step #2: From the top edge of the net, remove the net rods from the net rod pockets. Fold each net rod once removed. Never remove a black net rod from its net rod pocket or disengage (unlock) the rod sleeve while the black net rod is under tension.
Step #3: Starting at a corner, carefully pull the top edge of the net down over the edge of the mat. Continue around the trampoline until the net is sitting at the bottom of the mat rods. DON’T take the trampoline’s legs off before this.
Step #4: Now, you will need to remove the mat rods. This will require TWO PEOPLE. See the images below for how to remove the mat rods. Note: Remove the first mat rod at a blue tag on the mat. If your trampoline doesn’t have tags, reference the break in the frame pieces instead).
IMPORTANT: Be aware that the mat rods can spring back and cause injury when loaded. Make sure both people are keeping a steady grip on the rod until it is in a resting position. Keep your face clear of the rods and keep small children away during disassembly!
Step #5: In a clockwise (or counterclockwise if it’s easier for you) direction, uninstall the next mat rod at the next coloured tag (green or blue). Continue this process for all coloured tags. Once the coloured tags are done, continue uninstalling the remaining mat rods, going in a clockwise direction.
Step #6: Once all mat rods are uninstalled, remove and fold the mat.
Step #7: Remove all the mat rods from the frame. Then remove and pack the net and mat rods.
Step #8: Remove the hardware from one leg using a wrench. Then remove the legs. Start with the legs on the side and then remove the legs from the front and back of the trampoline.
Step #9: Remove the center posts from the legs.
Step #10: Remove the hardware from the frame using a wrench.
Step #11: Continue removing the frame hardware. Then separate the straight frame and curved frame pieces.
Step #12: You are DONE!
Springfree Trampoline Disassembly Safety Tips
While disassembling your Springfree Trampoline, keep these safety tips in mind, courtesy of our Springfree Trampoline Disassembly Hot Tips:
- Treat any loaded mat rod and enclosure rod with caution until you are sure it is properly installed or uninstalled. Keep your face well away from any loaded rod.
- Both people must maintain a steady grip on the mat rod until it is in its resting place.
- Do not attempt to use the trampoline if not completely assembled.
- Do not remove the legs or any frame section if the mat is still attached.
- Never attempt to remove an enclosure rod from the net rod pocket while the enclosure rod is still inserted in the frame.
Enclosure Net Rod Tips
- If you are having difficulty removing the enclosure net rod from the net rod pocket, twist the ball end of the rod and pull to release it. If that doesn’t work, pour water into the net rod pocket so the webbing can absorb the water and expand.
- If you are having trouble removing the enclosure net rod from the frame using your dominant hand, pull the rod towards your body, using your other hand to guide it out of the frame.
Enclosure Net Tip
- Overtime the webbing at the top of the net can shrink, this makes lowering the net over the edge of the mat difficult. You will need to pull it down on one side, remove the mat rods where the net has been lowered and repeat for the other half.
Mat Rod Tips
- Following the sequence shown in Step 4 (detailed above) maintains the tension evenly across the mat. If you do not follow this sequence, it will be very difficult to remove the mat.
- If your mat rods are stuck in the frame, then try taking out the rods using the ball head. After that, you can take out the rods and twist and take out the sleeves.
- When you remove a mat rod from the mat do not twist or rotate the mat edge, as this could cause serious injury or damage to the Trampoline.
Springfree Trampoline Disassembly Resources
Luckily, there are plenty of resources you can lean on to assist with disassembling a Springfree Trampoline. You’re reading this article, so you’re already on one of them!
But there are others as well, including the product manual you receive upon purchase and YouTube videos that will show you how to disassemble a Springfree Trampoline. The BILT App will likely be your best resource for step-by-step disassembly of your Springfree Trampoline.
You can also hire professionals to come disassemble your trampoline. If you plan on moving, hiring a trampoline relocation service might be worth it to avoid damaging the trampoline.
FAQ: Springfree Trampoline Disassembly
Lastly, let’s touch on some frequently asked questions we haven’t covered about the disassembly process for a Springfree Trampoline:
1. How Long Does It Take to Disassemble a Springfree Trampoline?
You should be able to disassemble a Springfree Trampoline in 2-3 hours. However, it may take longer for you if you don’t have experience with the mat rod technique.
2. Should You Take Down a Springfree Trampoline during snow season?
There’s no need to take down a Springfree Trampoline during snow season! Springfree’s Trampolines are built to last for 10+ years and can stay up all year long.
3. How Do You Move a Springfree Trampoline Without Taking It Apart?
If you need to move your trampoline to another location in your backyard, you can use trampoline wheels that slip underneath the legs to easily move the trampoline.
However, if you’re moving a trampoline to another house, you will need to disassemble the trampoline.
4. How Do You Transport a Springfree Trampoline?
Transporting a Springfree Trampoline to another location will likely require you to disassemble it and use a truck or trailer to haul it to the new location.
Need Professional Springfree Trampoline Disassembly Service?
Disassembling a Springfree Trampoline can seem daunting at first. If you follow the steps in this article and adhere to the safety tips, you will have your trampoline disassembled in no time!
However, if don’t want to manually disassemble your Springfree Trampoline, we offer professional disassembly and relocation services. These services include:
- Moving houses (we take it down, you move it, we put it back up).
- Moving the trampoline from the front yard to the back yard – or vice versa.
- Putting the trampoline into storage.
These services are provided by our team of trained trampoline installers who have the expertise and knowledge to perform the job efficiently and professionally.
Call us at 1800 586 772 for a free estimate on our relocation services!