Answering Your Most Pressing Questions About Springless Trampolines
Get the lowdown on springless trampolines: Your top questions answered by the inventors themselves. Safety, cost, cons and more!
Springless trampolines, introduced in the early 2000s, are still relatively new and becoming increasingly popular. They offer several advantages over traditional spring trampolines, including increased safety, durability, and performance.
However, with any non-traditional product, there are a lot of questions, like:
- What are the pros and cons of springless trampolines?
- How do they work?
- Are they safe?
- How much do they cost?
- How long will they last?
In this article, we will use our expertise as the inventor of the springless trampoline to honestly answer all your most pressing questions about springless trampolines.
10 Common Questions About Springless Trampolines
Here are ten questions for which we will use our expertise to answer so you can learn more about springless trampolines:
1. What Is a Springless Trampoline?
A springless trampoline is a type of trampoline that does not use traditional metal springs to create bounce.
These trampolines are designed with features such as flexible rods or elastic bands that replace the conventional metal springs found in traditional, spring-based trampolines.
2. How Do Springless Trampolines Work?
Springless trampolines are designed with features such as flexible rods or elastic bands that replace the conventional metal springs found in traditional trampolines.
For example, Springfree Trampolines use flexible composite fiberglass rods that are 3x stronger and 4x more flexible to provide a smooth, soft bounce.
The rods on a Springfree Trampoline that replace the springs:
3. Are Springless Trampolines Bouncy?
A springless trampoline’s bounce is on par with spring trampolines on the market in terms of bounciness. In fact, they provide a smoother, less jarring bounce, than spring trampolines.
Springless trampolines have more porosity, which means they pump less air and instead give that energy back to the jumper. A softer bounce is much easier on your joints, helping to prevent trampoline injuries.
4. Are Springless Trampolines Safer?
Springless trampolines are significantly safer than traditional spring trampolines. By eliminating the metal springs, known for causing pinching injuries, springless trampolines inherently reduce risks.
Moreover, models like Springfree Trampolines incorporate additional trampoline safety features, including a flexible safety net, a mat free of hard edges, a frame designed to prevent contact with jumpers, and enclosure rods that replace rigid metal poles.
5. What Are the Cons of Springless Trampolines?
The main cons of springless trampolines include a high upfront cost and sometimes complicated installation. Springless trampolines can cost $999-$2,999, depending on which size you buy.
The counters to both cons are:
1. Springless trampolines tend to age well, keep your kids safe, hold up under inclement weather and need little maintenance. This makes the upfront cost worth it if you’re looking for a long-term trampoline.
2. Professional trampoline installation is offered for most springless trampolines. You can also use resources like the BILT App, which provides detailed 3D instructions to aid the assembly of a springless trampoline.
6. Do Springless Trampolines Lose Their Bounce?
No, and actually, spring trampolines are more likely to lose their bounce than springless trampolines. The metal springs on traditional trampolines tend to stretch and lose tension over time.
That’s why springs are a common trampoline replacement part: Springs may need to be replaced every 1-3 years depending on the trampoline.
Springless trampolines, which use flexible rods, elastic bands or other advanced technologies, are more durable and less prone to wear and tear.
7. How Long Does It Take to Put Up a Springless Trampoline?
While springless trampolines may be a bit more complex to assemble than spring trampolines, you should be able to put up a springless trampoline in 2-3 hours under typical conditions.
8. Can You Put a Springless Trampoline in the Ground?
While you can technically put a springless trampoline in the ground, you SHOULD NOT put a trampoline meant to be installed above the ground into the ground.
This is because it takes more work, it’s less safe, the bounce quality may be reduced, it’s difficult to relocate and may lose some of its visual appeal. An above-ground trampoline installed into the ground might have a shorter lifespan, too.
9. What Is Better, a Spring or Springless Trampoline?
This depends on the user and their goals. Generally, springless trampolines are better for families that want a long-lasting, safer and high-quality trampoline.
Spring trampolines might be better for families shopping on a budget that want a more short-term trampoline.
10. Are Springless Trampolines Worth It?
If you’re looking for a safer trampoline for your kids that will last without needing much maintenance, springless trampolines are well worth it. They are also built to withstand the weather and can add to your backyard’s aesthetics.
Read on to the next section to see a detailed summary of which trampoline type is right for you!
Determining the Right Trampoline Type for You
Now that you’ve learned more about springless trampolines, let's identify which option is a better fit for your needs – spring trampolines or springless?
Spring trampolines are for you IF:
- You are seeking an affordable or moderately priced trampoline.
- Your trampoline use is expected to be short-term, such as for a temporary phase.
- You appreciate having a wide variety of trampoline options, as most brands offer spring-based models.
- You prefer the traditional appearance of trampolines with springs.
On the other hand, springless trampolines are for you IF:
- You prioritize safety as a top concern for your family.
- You desire a high-quality trampoline with a longer lifespan.
- You seek a trampoline that can withstand various weather conditions and demands less maintenance.
- You are drawn to the sleek and modern appearance of springless trampolines.
Check it out: Spring vs. Springless—Which One Is Better?
Is a Springless Trampoline Right for You?
There are many advantages to going springless when it comes to trampolines. But you must assess whether the high upfront cost is worth it for you or not.
Currently, we at Springfree Trampoline are the only mainstream brand to exclusively sell springless trampolines. Since we invented them, our Springless Trampolines have ranked at the top in safety, quality, durability and visual appeal.
If you’re looking for a springless trampoline, you won’t find a better option than a Springfree. However, you may need more information to ensure that a Springfree Trampoline is worth the money for you.
Similar to this article, we answered the major pressing questions about our Springfree Trampolines in a previous post. Read through it if you’re looking for direct and honest answers to aid in your trampoline-buying journey: