Jump Into Autumn: 12 Autumn Activities For Kids
Vibrant colours. The crunch of leaves. Crisp, sunny days. That can mean only one thing – autumn is here! Don’t let the cooler weather stop your kids from getting fresh air and exercise. Jump into autumn with these 12 activities!
- Take A Nature Walk – Walking through the beautiful autumn colours is a great way to get outside. Don’t forget to pack a bag with all the necessitates – Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, water and snacks!
- Chalk Drawing – It’s not just for summer! Grab some chalk and let your imagination soar. Use your driveway, sidewalk or even the trampoline mat for your personal canvas.
- Strawberry Picking – Head down to a local strawberry farm for some strawberry picking fun! And follow it up with a strawberry jam cooking party!
- Plant Something And Watch It Grow - Ok we know that doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, but it is! There are many plants, including herbs and vegetables that can be planted in autumn.
- Backyard Cricket – A classic Australian game. They’ll be having so much fun they won’t even think about the chill in the air!
- Jumping On A Springfree – Yes! You can still jump when it’s getting chilly. Just make sure they wear socks to keep those little feet warm.
- Create An Autumn Mask – Go hunting for leaves outside then pull out the art box and turn them into a beautiful mask.
- Build a Mini-Golf Course – All you need are some simple household items like cups, toys and cereal boxes. This is a perfect a rainy day activity to keep the kids entertained.
- Hunt for Buried Treasure – ‘X’ marks the spot! Bury a prize (lollies or toy), create a map of your backyard and watch the fun.
- Bike Ride – Autumn is the perfect time to go for a family bike ride. It’s not too hot and the crisp air and autumn foliage will brighten things up!
- Go Fishing! - Fishing as a family is so much fun. The fish are active, the scenery is beautiful and you don’t have to worry (too much) about sunburns.
- Movie Nights - This is a hit for all ages and if you host a movie night, you can bet most of the kids in the neighbourhood will join the festivities. All you need is a sheet, projector, computer and a movie – it’s easy!
Autumn is the perfect time to go outside and be active and we hope you find plenty of reasons to do just that!