3 min read
When it comes to trampolines, trampoline safety is usually at the top of the list for parents.
No Springs: Most of us would know well how it feels to land on the old trampoline springs and the damage they can cause. The Springfree design uses flexible composite rods instead of springs, which lie beneath the jumping surface out of harm's way.
Net Enclosure + Poles: A net enclosure is required to meet the Australian Safety Standards but not all nets are equal. Our FlexiNet™ flexible safety enclosure is made from a strong, but soft material that cushions jumpers and prevents falls to the ground. The rods that hold the net up are flexible so they move with the jumper, keeping out of harm's way.
Hidden Frame: Surprisingly, most trampolines still have the frame surrounding the mat and net, leaving it in close proximity to jumpers. Springfree Trampolines have the metal frame located well beneath the jumping surface where you can't land on it.
SoftEdge™ Mat: With a trampoline that has no springs, the edge could be susceptible to being a bit hard. However, our shock absorbent edge allows jumpers to experience the freedom of jumping across the entire surface of the mat.
Learn more about Springfree Trampoline safety features.
Safe Jumping Rules
We’ve done our best to remove the impact areas that cause injury. We highly recommend following these five Safe Jumping Rules to make your jump time even safer:
1. No Flips: Untrained jumpers can land on their head and neck, causing serious injury. Save it for the trained athletes, who have coaches and years of training in how to do tricks safely.
2. One at a Time: Having a single jumper eliminates the chance of collisions and injuries. And NEVER DOUBLE-BOUNCE!
3. Supervise Jumping: A responsible adult should keep an eye on the jumper.
4. Safe Clearance: Keep enough space around the trampoline (we recommend 1.5 metres) to allow room for the net to flex out. It’s also important to have safe overhead clearance of 6m.
5. Keep it Locked: Zipping the net when the trampoline is not being used will keep unwanted jumpers away.